- Responsible for Compliance & AML monitoring and sanctions screening for all EMEA booked business across the TFC and Bank businesses.
- To review, investigate and disposition alerts generated by AML monitoring systems based on AML knowledge, judgment and appropriate research; fully documenting evidence and conclusions.
Main Responsibilities:Work Management
- Supervise the sanctions and the Embargoes daily operations.
- Review, investigate and analyze local and international sanctions lists of obligations.
- Supervise the operations of the sanctions team, in order to make sure all blacklisted persons or entities are supervised through Electronic systems’ real time and day to day.
- Understand AML typologies and therefore unusual activity to ensure appropriate levels of escalation.
- Approve instructions made by Sanctions Analyst to Trade Finance and wire transfer operational areas when giving advice on sanctions or prohibitions notices to a product.
- Enforce regulatory notices pertain to freezing/unfreezing of assets, monitoring and recording actions taken as per the instructions of the Head of AML and compliance.
- Promote the awareness of Sanctions practices.
- Ensure that Bank standards are being met; policies are being complied, providing the relevant information to support the Department Head and that they are in order to better protect Bank’s reputation.
- Take active interest to build skills and develop competencies for self to hold higher responsibilities. Keep oneself update with the Bank’s operation procedures.
- The bank is undergoing a process of dynamic change in order to maintain its position as one of the strongest banks in the highly competitive UAE banking sector.
- To meet the demands of this change process the Bank has recently set up the AML & Compliance Department with a view to keeping update with AML activities and also to manage compliance to Central Bank’s rules.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of Bachelor Degree.
- Diploma or Certificates in Anti-Money Laundering.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years of related experience with exposure to banking work especially in Trade Finance or Wire transfers.
- Good understanding of banking concepts and procedures.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good command of English and Arabic language (spoken & written).
- Ability to effectively analyze data from multiple sources in multiple formats.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to understand and analyze SWIFT messages carefully.
- Communicating effectively.
- Taking Initiatives.
- Concern for order and attention to details.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to work under stress and after office hours.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
2. Passport-size photograph
Business Unit: Head Office Branches: Head Office
Function: Compliance & Anti Money Laundering Emirate/Area: Dubai
Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date: 27-Nov-2014