Job title Supplier Quality Management Lead
Req ID 57744BR
Job category Supplier Quality Management
Sub-category Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Countries (State/Region) Oman
Role Synopsis Manage risk and achieve improvements in operating cash flow by reducing the cost of poor quality associated with suppliers and contractors. Achieved by leading and actively participating in the delivery of improved supplier performance through RCFA, Quality in Sourcing Decisions, Quality Strength in Contracts and Supplier Development / Continuous Improvement.
Key accountabilities • To lead & manage the SQM execution team
• To lead SQMp deployment in assigned Region or Categories
• To prioritize, plan and provide SQM support for assigned Region or Categories
• To set priority and work with suppliers, the Line and OFs on supplier quality activities that have significant business impact to the region or assigned category
• To lead and execute the SQM projects & work plan in line with business drivers and SQMp in pre- and post-contract award (Sourcing Decisions, Contracts & Performance)
• To drive supplier and contractor quality performance improvement through continuous improvement & contractual compliance
• To represent SQM internally with the Line during supplier performance review meetings, and externally with suppliers and contractors.
• To manage and lead the performance management of SQM resources
Strategy & Governance:
• Responsible for SQM strategy execution including Quality in Sourcing Decisions, Quality Strength through Contracts and Improved Performance
• Articulate and communicate the strategic vision of SQM to team, suppliers and stakeholders and translate into actionable plans to deliver value
• Represent SQM in regional quality discipline community and category management
Manage Supply Chain Risk:
• Ensure risks are identified and managed thorough application of appropriate quality tools, with gaps identified and communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Accountable and Responsible to manage QMS audit findings using the SQM tool (ESQ) to make sure corrective action measures are complete and taken in a timely manner and are effective
• Responsible to drive “Quality Alert” recommendations in the assigned areas
• Ensure contractor/supplier Management of Change (MoC) and corrective actions processes are deployed and effective
Improve Upstream Production (mboe) and Reduce Drilling NPT:
• Drive suppliers to deliver a discreet and defined set of Supplier RCFAs (Corrective Actions) as related to deferred production losses (mboe) and Drilling NPT.
• Ensure contractor’s/supplier’s corrective action processes are deployed in the assigned area and they are effective.
• Apply and disseminate lessons learned from RCFA and Supplier Development/Continuous Improvement activities
• Concisely summarize high value learning/s from Continuous Improvement and RCFA and share with stakeholders and the SQM community
Improve Supplier Performance through Supplier Development/Continuous Improvement:
• Establish clear performance improvement goals (Goal Agreements) for suppliers and contractors with input from Supplier Relationship Leaders and the Line.
• Systematically identify defects in the plant, process, people and performance elements of the suppliers’ s and Contractor’s operating activity and drive improvement utilizing continuous improvement methodologies and tools
• Ensure leading and lagging metrics for specific product or service is in place feeding into continuous improvement process
OMS & Quality Culture:
• Promote a quality culture that ensures “we don’t create, accept or pass on defects”
• Collaborate with PSCM personnel to continually improve processes and provide insight and value to the business
• Work closely with other Quality CoPs to support the development and maturing of Quality within BP
• Personally champion HSSE compliance and empower the team to do the same
• Promote compliance with BP’s Code of Conduct, ensuring by personal example and coaching that the team understand and practice ethical business behaviour, and using reasonable care to monitor suppliers and contractors working for BP to ensure they work in a manner consistent with the Code
• Demonstrates the BP Values and Behaviours leadership behaviours that are expected at this level within the organisation
Essential Education • University degree in Engineering or Equivalent Technical Field
Essential experience and job requirements • Minimum ten year experience in related field
• Experience in leading Supplier Quality Management team
• Advanced knowledge in quality systems management and processes
• Advanced knowledge in advanced quality engineering tools and concepts (e.g. FMEA, Process Capability)
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with other disciplines, cultures and geographies, across organizational boundaries and levels within BP and with suppliers
• Proven ability in verbal and written communication
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location) There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications • Oil and Gas experience
• Familiarity Oil and Gas Industry Quality Systems (ISO29001, API Q1 and Q2) and API Standards
• Six Sigma experience or certification.
• CMQ/OE, QE from American Society for Quality or other Professional quality Institution
• Nebosh/OHSAS18001 Certification
Relocation available No
Travel required Yes – up to 25%
Is this a part time position? No
About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Closing Date 12-Nov-2014
– See more at: http://jobs.bp.com/om/muscat/procurement-and-supply-chain-management/jobid6292353-supplier-quality-management-lead-jobs#sthash.oc89TRdy.dpuf