Organisation:Al Maha Airways
Division:Commercial – AMA
Employment Type:Full Time – Permanent
City:Middle East | Saudi Arabia | Jeddah
Last date of application:31-Oct-2014
About Your Job:
The Strategy Manager is responsible for developing the Corporate Strategy for the business by working with the different stakeholders across the different business functions in the airline. In this role, the individual will have a strong understanding of the airline’s competitive position, its strategic priorities and the actions needed to deliver a clear competitive advantage. Through both qualitative and quantitative process, you will be tasked to innovate, challenge and ask difficult question of the business based on alternative views of the future.
You will keep the airline’s management team apprised of the latest industry trends, proposed areas to drive more revenues and look for opportunities to drive cost by not only understanding the latest developments in aviation but using other industry developments.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Works with the Commercial Director and CEO in designing the overall Strategy of Al Maha. This will be accordingly to the best practice in aviation and other industry sectors, especially with regards to the latest developments in digital and Ecommerce.
- Sets up tools and systems to measure and manage the business more effectively, track competition and identify opportunities.
- Works in parallel with Revenue Management and Products within Commercial as well as the Network & Scheduling Department to constantly identify and propose the best product and service to the passengers
- Utilises existing research, surveys, insights and data to respond as closely as possible to customer demands and prime targeted segments
The successful candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of job-related experience, 6 years of which are in a corporate strategy, corporate development or project management role. You must have proven ability to negotiate and work within a multi-cultural environment. Multi-industry experience is an advantage.
You must have ability to focus on relevant data to provide clear market insights. You must have strong analytical skills and business acumen. You must have excellent people management skills, proven negotiation and leadership capability.
You must be systematic and able to use logical approach to problem-solving. You must be good in planning and time management. You must be self-motivated, highly organised and has good track record of delivering significant changes. You must have the ability to influence and present arguments in a clear and structured manner.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Passport Copy
4. Education Certificate
5. No Objection Certificate for Internal Candidates (External Candidates to attach blank file)