Wood Group PSN are the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 29 000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimise the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields. To join our team visit https://jobs.woodgroup.com/ Wood Group PSN came into being in April 2011. It brings together the Production Facilities part of engineering giant, Wood Group, with leading independent brownfield contractor, Production Services Network. We have a shared heritage of pioneering many aspects of the North Sea industry and being global leaders in developing local talent. We are structured as a network to ensure the most flexible approach to meeting our customers’ needs and to allow maximum engagement for all our employees. Our aim is to be the best production services business in the world. To achieve this, we put our Core Values at the centre of all that we do.
Brief Posting Description
For the provision of Instrument & Control engineering support for future Wood Group PSN projects. Work scopes are likely to be for both Brown and Greenfield oil and gas projects.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To carry out instrumentation and control system engineering activities as directed by the project Lead Instrument Engineer.
- To maintain suitable records of project correspondence and completed work for both reference and auditing purposes.
- To produce and review specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems.
- To participate in project safety or design reviews as required.
- To liaise and coordinate with other engineering disciplines to ensure that all deliverables are produced in accordance with scheduled issue dates and budget constraints.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Experience in Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design is required.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be willing to make occasional site visits to Bahrain.
- Sound organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of instrumentation and control system design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for instrumentation and control system design and selection
- Experience of participation in HAZOP and IPF/SIL Classification studies is essential.
- Experience in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) preferred.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is required.
- A knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction and commissioning.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Degree in Instrumentation & Control Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications