Wood Group PSN are the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 29 000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimise the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields. To join our team visit https://jobs.woodgroup.com/ Wood Group PSN came into being in April 2011. It brings together the Production Facilities part of engineering giant, Wood Group, with leading independent brownfield contractor, Production Services Network. We have a shared heritage of pioneering many aspects of the North Sea industry and being global leaders in developing local talent. We are structured as a network to ensure the most flexible approach to meeting our customers’ needs and to allow maximum engagement for all our employees. Our aim is to be the best production services business in the world. To achieve this, we put our Core Values at the centre of all that we do.
Brief Posting Description
For the provision of Electrical engineering to support towards future Wood Group PSN projects. Work scopes are likely to be for both Brown and Greenfield oil and gas projects.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs
- To represent the Client at all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to electrical systems.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports.
- Highly motivated and self reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Experience in Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design is required.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be willing to make occasional site visits to Bahrain.
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of electrical engineering design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for electrical engineering design and selection
- Experience of participation in HAZID studies is essential
- Experience in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) preferred.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is required.
- A knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction and commissioning.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications