- Support Head of Financial Institutions to develop and maintain international relationships with target banks world-wide to effectively and efficiently meet FI’s revenue targets, strengthen the position of CBD in the international market by choosing right partners, expanding CBD’s reach to new markets/countries and exchange relevant information to support Bank’s business development.
- Responsible for managing the department during Head of FI’s absence.
- Participate in secondary risk participation under Master Risk Participation Agreement (MRPA) with key relationship banks.
1 Provide support to develop a network of contacts with correspondents and other target banks for facilitating effective and efficient business transactions.
2 Analyze financial statements of the Banks to ascertain their credit worthiness to assist in determining appropriate credit limits for different banks to provide optimum service to the Bank.
3 Provide support to Head of the Department to recommend appropriate credit limits for bank counter parties.
4 Recommend modification and amendments in the transaction terms with the correspondent banks based on the credit worthiness of the Bank, and country risk position to balance between business development and risk management.
5 Keep abreast of the market changes to provide competitive market intelligence and share this information with departments to exploit the business development opportunities.
6 Recommend the issuance, maintenance and update of control documents (SWIFT) of correspondent banks to enable our concerned counterparties to honor our transactions.
7 Responsible for Secondary Risk Participation under Master Risk Participation Agreement (MRPA) with key Relationship Banks.
8 Participate in meetings with representatives of foreign banks for the purpose of developing relationships and to support international transactions
9 Represent and market CBD within the assigned geographical area of responsibility
10 Ensure to comply with the audit requirements, internal and external reporting obligations etc in line with the policy guidelines, to ensure high standards of uniformity and consistency across the Bank
11 Provide assistance to, train & develop reporting staff to build their capabilities to carry out their work effectively. Address all employee work and personnel related issues to motivate top performance and enhance growth opportunities.
- Graduate in Economics and Finance or Business Management
- Formal Education in Banking or MBA will be preferred .
- Computer literate
- 8 Years banking experience with at least 4 years at senior level in developing and managing international relationships.
- Good knowledge of banking operations and credit management.
- Good knowledge and experience in an emerging market economy would be a definite advantage.
- Good command of English. Arabic language would be an added advantage.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communicating effectively
- Thinking analytically
- Team working
- Taking initiatives
Note: you will be required to attach the following:1. Resume / CV