Wood Group PSN are the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 29 000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimise the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields. To join our team visit https://jobs.woodgroup.com/ Wood Group PSN came into being in April 2011. It brings together the Production Facilities part of engineering giant, Wood Group, with leading independent brownfield contractor, Production Services Network. We have a shared heritage of pioneering many aspects of the North Sea industry and being global leaders in developing local talent. We are structured as a network to ensure the most flexible approach to meeting our customers’ needs and to allow maximum engagement for all our employees. Our aim is to be the best production services business in the world. To achieve this, we put our Core Values at the centre of all that we do.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer on a residential basis located at our Wood Group PSN offices in Abu Dhabi . Provision of quality project engineering and management support for a General Engineering Services Contract in a common and consistent manner for operations projects interfacing, with existing facilities, providing the support to both Brown and Greenfield projects teams. This includes the full range of project engineering and management support from development through to installation, commissioning and close out but primarily defining client scopes of work for execution by detailed design and construction teams.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To help manage and engineer multi-discipline projects through detail design, construction, commissioning, handover, and close-out.
- To ensure that own actions plus those of the project team are conducted in accordance with the HSE management system.
- To develop project Scopes of Work in order to define the required deliverables.
- To establish an effective document management system for the project.
- To ensure that effective business controls are applied throughout the project and in accordance with stated requirements. Controls will apply to all HSE, commercial, financial, quality, integrity, and schedule issues.
- To be responsible for the management of project reporting, interface definition and management, plus liaison with Client project engineers.
- To ensure that technical integrity is fully maintained and that all deviations to project standards/procedures are formally recorded and approved.
- To identify and cost or schedule reduction opportunities and ensure that these are pursued wherever appropriate.
- To manage and report both budget and schedule on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To be responsible for the management of all project audit reports, and ensuring that all audit action items are closed-out in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for highlighting and resolving project issues at the earliest opportunity.
- To exercise control over manpower and material resources in order to complete the project within budget, schedule, quality, and HSE requirements.
- To promote a planning – execute – measure – feedback methodology in project engineering.
- Shall have a strong commitment to safety
- Shall have sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Shall be an active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Shall have the ability to develop, interact, and motivate the project team based upon a matrix type organisation.
- Shall have hands-on experience of planning software tools such a Primavera P6 or equivalent.
- Shall be PC literate in MS Office applications
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Clear communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Shall be fluent in both spoken and written English language
- Shall have proven capabilities in managing and motivating a multi-discipline team to deliver projects.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound commercial appreciation and judgement.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound general management skills in all aspects of project engineering
- Shall be well organised and methodical.
- Shall have worked previously as a single-point responsible project engineer for several medium sized Oil & Gas projects.
- Experience in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) preferred.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred