- Receive inbound and outbound calls, resolving incidents and problems to provide a superior service to our customers both internal to EG-IT and external to the Group and Mercator Customers. Ensuring that the service provided is in line with the specific qualitative or quantitative targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the task.
- To analyse reported incidents and provide solutions to our customers enabling them to resume their work with a minimum disruption and within the agreed Service Level Objectives, KPIs and targets set.
- To coordinate with service providers (both EG-IT teams providing a service and external organisations like SITA, BT, etc) to ensure both the quick resolution of incidents and problems and the smooth running of our departmental and global operations.
- Drive Continuous Improvement by proactively identifying & highlighting issues and risks that may impact the services provided by Emirates Group IT or the Technical Operations Centre (TOC).
- Maintain the corporate data library and carry out regular audits, archival testing and recovery testing to ensure data can be retrieved as per the defined RTOs (Recovery Time Objectives) and RPOs (Recovery Point Objectives).
- Follow process & procedures in line with the TOC policies. Carry out knowledge transfer sessions within the team thus encouraging the culture of continuous learning & knowledge sharing.
- Provide input to and co-ordinate with technical teams to reduce number of recurring incidents (including security threats), to increase system availability and to reduce business impact in case of system failure as well as provide feedback to improve the automation of root cause analysis within the monitoring tools. Provide relevant feedback to technical, application and project team’s developers to ensure fast incident/problem resolution.
5 years of specialist technical experience within an IT operational based environment
Salary and Benefits Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents. We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.