The job holder’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, and video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization.
Network Support (Level 3):
- Analyse and resolve network hardware and software problems in timely manner
- Provide technical support for network infrastructure level 3
- Perform functions like configuring, installing, monitoring, maintaining all data and voice network and communication links
- Ensure high availability, reliability, security and performance of network and communication links
- Design and deploy LAN’s, WAN’s and wireless netwroks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, appliances and other hardware
- Design and manage structured cabling and patch panel jobs
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Project related work like planning, designing, configuring and implementing for network projects/enhancements.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near-and long-term network capacity needs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- University Degree in the field of Computer Science
- Certification in Networking (CCIE, CCNP, CISSP)
- 3 years experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and VVVVAN design and implementation.
- Technical knowledge of network essential, topology and architecture
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, security and standards
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Emaar Properties
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Permanent
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Manager
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2014, 4:45:00 PM