Schedule: Full Time
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group is a global organization with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ Hotels and HUALUXE™ Hotels & Resorts.
Holiday Inn Bur Dubai – Embassy District enjoys a prime location in the heart of Diplomatic District in Dubai – The Holiday Inn Bur Dubai-Embassy District offers 210 beautiful new guest rooms perfectly located within walking distance from the Dubai Metro, Burjuman Centre and the Creek on its doorstep. This together with its close Proximity to Dubai International Airport and Dubai International Exhibition Centre positions the hotel as the ideal choice for Corporate & Leisure markets.
At the moment we’re looking for a Sales & Events Coordinator to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team, based at Holiday Inn Bur Dubai – Embassy District.
THE ROLE: 1. Attends to inquires and reservations, prepares proposals, solicits new accounts, and activates passive accounts. 2. Attends function when required. 3. Prepares comparative studies of banquet prices of other hotels on a quarterly basis. 4. Prepares monthly reports of tentative and confirmed bookings for the management. 5. Ensures that productivity/sales reports are circulated to all concerned departments on a weekly basis. 6. Ensures proper follow-up and solicitation is done daily. 7. Handles the co-ordination and ordering of the followings:
• Special Requests for event bookings
• Coordination for the Rental of equipments for events
• License and permits 8. Ensures that repeated functions are properly entered in the diary. 9. Attends to inquires and reservations made by phone or in person, (especially weddings). 10. Ensures that contracts, deposit and full payments of functions are properly monitored and implemented according to the company set procedures. 11. Co-ordinate with account department, car park, concierge, engineering and food and beverage office, all matters related to each department well in advance of the function. 12. Ensures that last minute changes are properly circulated to all departments in order to avoid delays and complaints. 13. Generates maximum revenue by chasing tentative bookings and releasing those booking that will not materialize well in advance in order to maximize revenue through new bookings. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have knowledge of computers.
• Must have excellent interpersonal & Presentation skills.
• Must have exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
You will need to have at least 2 years experience in a similar role. You will bring with you strong organizational & planning skills and ability to analyze metrics/statistics, create strategic action plans and exceptional communication skills are required.
In return, we’ll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, insurances and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You’ll have the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you Room to be yourself.
So, what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE