Job title Risk and Assurance Analyst
Req ID 57740BR
Job category PSCM Data Management
Sub-category Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Countries (State/Region) Oman
Role Synopsis The key purpose of this role is to support identification and management of regional Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) operational risks. The analyst/ Specialist supports effective management of PSCM highest risk activities by participating in the pro-active management of regional Risk Action Plans (RAPs) of PSCM and PSCM Sub-Function plans in the Middle East region and delivering various assurance, risk management, ethics and compliance, and other key control activities, which fall within scope of PSCM.
Key accountabilities • Support PSCM FPM Deployed Lead to gain deep understanding of regional end-to-end risks and key controls in place, inherent to the delivery of the PSCM Sub-Functions plan in meeting the needs of the business
• Support regional risk management activities including updating the risk register, working collaboratively with risk owners and/ or subject matter experts (SME) to develop regional risk action plans, supporting the implementation and develop KPI’s to monitor progress to enable on-time action closures
• Monitor Counterparty Due Diligence (CDD) compliance, provide recommendations to close the gap of CDD compliance and provide support for CDD quality assurance as required
• Support the development of lessons learnt from regional risk management & assurance activities with an objective to drive systematic improvements in risk mitigation and the compliance culture
• Take part in development and participate in the PSCM Risk and Assurance network to articulate, document and communicate the regional PSCM risk and management framework in alignment with PSCM and PSCM Sub-Function strategy
• Manage conformance agenda for assigned PSCM Sub-Function(s).
• Deliver regional assurance activities of the PSCM Sub-Function(s) including support to develop the Ethics and Compliance (E&C) certification process and tracking progress against the plan
• Performance manage closure of outstanding SAC findings and open Internal Audit actions and track on-time closure per plan
• Support Deployed Functional Performance Lead in OMS conformance activities and ensure robustness of OMS conformance plans / Performance Improvement Cycles (PIC)
• Support delivery of other FPM activities as appropriate
• Monitor and provide recommendations on the implementation of the Procurement Authority Policy for the region
• Implement best practices and support development of MI database in support of the Risk and Assurance agenda for the region
• Ensure consistency and standardization of methodology, tools and processes for Risk and Assurance activities within the region
• Build network and maintain liaison with the Operating Function and with the Functional Performance Management Team
• Follow up and report actions to Risk & Assurance Lead, Central team
• Assure region’s conformance to relevant Standards and/or Requirements, e.g. ABC, AML, CDD, Trade Sanctions, HRA, etc.
• Be custodian of region’s PSCM Risk Action Plan (RAP) and provide assurance of risk management actions closure for the assigned PSCM Sub-Function
• Provide regional program management support for OMS conformance plans for the assigned PSCM Sub-Function
• Foster pro-active Ethics and Compliance culture, communicate the Code of Conduct to all employees
• Within the region, sponsor/lead training and awareness sessions with support from their Ethics and Compliance Leader and maintain records
• Raise significant cross-business issues to functional and regional leadership or E&C
• Support investigations teams as appropriate in Operating Functions or relevant PSCM teams
• Personally champion HSSE conformance and empower the team to do the same
• Promote compliance with BP’s Code of Conduct, ensure that the team understands and practices ethical business behaviour, monitor BP suppliers and contractors working in a manner consistent with the Code
• Demonstrate the BP Values and Behaviours that are expected at this level within the organisation
• Ensure conformance with BP Procurement Authority Standard by implementing robust monitoring programs
Essential Education • University degree in , Procurement, Finance or other technical discipline
Essential experience and job requirements • Minimum 5 years of experience in various programs or projects, including in the areas of Ethics and Compliance, Risk Management, Verification and Assurance
• Experience leading through complexity, executing projects in multi-stakeholder, multi-discipline, multi-cultural environments, with regional and country-specific issues and challenges
• Working knowledge of systems such as Ariba OneSource, Backbone SAP and software tools such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to network, influence and collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies, across organizational boundaries and levels within BP and with suppliers
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location) There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications • Professional PSCM qualification (MCIPS) or equivalent is a plus
• Previous work experience in multiple countries is a plus
Relocation available No
Travel required Yes – up to 25%
Is this a part time position? No
About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Closing Date 20-Nov-2014
– See more at: http://jobs.bp.com/om/muscat/procurement-and-supply-chain-management/jobid6110862-risk-and-assurance-analyst-jobs#sthash.3TLfxRnu.dpuf