Maximise the utilisation of resources and provide a dynamic resource allocation plan by optimally allocating the key operational resources (including manpower, equipment and facilities) on the day of operation.
Ensure that the allocation of resources is undertaken independently, without prejudice, and in-line with the planned business needs, the dynamic real-time operational demands and the unscheduled customer requirements, whilst achieving the targeted levels of the current Service Level Agreements.
Provide an independent view regarding the most effective utilisation of all resources.
- Undertake allocation activities in 3 phases:
- Pre-planning – taking into account the expected demands, schedules and rostered resources, pre-plan the allocation of tasks 24-72 hours in advance of the shift (as per agreed timetable and department’s specifics).
- Shift allocation planning – during the shift, prior and/or at the start of the appropriate shift, taking into account the actual availability of resources (manpower, equipment and facilities), re-check the pre-plan and undertake the detailed allocation of all resources ensuring that allocation is undertaken according to load.
- Real-time – taking into account the availability of resources and the dynamic operational environment, undertake all aspects of the real-time allocation of resources in line with the actual loads. Actively monitor the achievement of tasks and adapt the allocation plans as required due to differentials in actual time versus planned time taken to complete tasks. Effectively adapt allocation plans according to unscheduled demands of customers (i.e. delays).
- Improve operational efficiency and productivity by utilising specialist knowledge of the decision support systems (including but not limited to the Resource Management System (RMS), Real-Time Control (RTC), Multi-Access Check-in System (MACS), Management Information System (OPERA)) and any other IT system) to ensure that the most effective resource allocation plan is created, communicated, and executed.
- Actively work with the operational shift in-charge by providing expert advice, input and direction in order to respond to dynamic changes during the shift; for example in cases of staff sickness or absence actively review allocation plans and make recommendations as to whether replacement or over-time is required. Undertake actions as agreed to update the administrative section regarding staff non-attendance.
- Effectively communicate the resource allocation plan to the resources (either directly or via the operational shift in charge) and continually monitor the progress of the assigned tasks to the resources.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the allocation plan and continually feedback recommendations regarding roster solutions and resource engagement standards to the relevant resource planning team. Continuously keep up-to-date on the service and resource levels agreed by the departments, through co-ordination with the relevant standards & procedures staff, line managers and supervisors. Increase effectiveness of staff allocation by continuously maintaining the qualification levels of staff on the master list within the system.
- Maintain regular co-ordination and communication with resource planning and IT, to ensure that the decision support systems, deliver functional results and are configured in-line with the operational needs. Keep up-do-date with all the existing and new system functionalities for the systems relevant to the allocation function.
- Ensure that robust and effective resource allocation plans are in place and utilised during scheduled and unscheduled system outages.
- Work as part of a team of resource allocators ensuring smooth handover to and from colleagues on shift duties and covering for other departments or areas as required. Monitor the effectiveness of the allocation to maximise the potential of the systems at hand and for on-going review and recommendations to the management team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of Operational Training Courses would be advantageous e.g. Dangerous Goods Handling, LC1, Load Processing and Handling Course.
- 5 years experience (at least 2 years in a supervisory role) in a ground handling/airline industry
- Previous experience of having worked within an operational resource allocation, shift management, or overtime planning type function would be advantageous
- Must have excellent analytical skills and be able to quickly respond to dynamic changes during the shift
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to effectively convey his/her proposed recommendations and changes in allocation
- Must possess advanced computer skills with an awareness of specialist applications, packages, programme languages and high proficiency of MS-Office.
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.Job Category : Airport Operations Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai Job Posting : 22-Sep-14, 3:45:31 PM Closing Date (GMT+4) : Ongoing