ob Title – Project Manager – (Software Translation)
Provide project management leadership to multi-disciplined teams within the Middle East (Arabic speaking) region. Work with internal/external stakeholders, partners and vendors to ensure Infor has the appropriate level of software translation support within the region. Work in a collaborative manner with development and sales teams to ensure products commercially appealing to the local audience.
Infor is the third largest global provider of enterprise applications and services. Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands.
Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-site, or both.
- Leads translation project teams to ensure projects are completed on time and according to requirements.
- Prioritizes projects and tasks to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Resolves conflicting priorities with minimal direction from upper management.
- Facilitates communication upward and across project team including project status, risks and justifications.
- Serves as focal point for other departments on project status or other project information.
- Develops, maintains and communicates Project Plans and executes projects according to the developed plans.
- Continuously monitors progress and risks and promptly acts to resolve issues, escalating if needed.
Translation Resource Management
- Is fully aware of computer-assisted translation (CAT) technology and in-house proprietary tools.
- When translation work is outsourced to a vendor, manages or performs quality assurance and linguistic checks according to departmental guidelines.
- Creates, maintains, and manages terminology and translation memory databases.
- When applicable, performs quality-assurance testing on target-language applications. Provides linguistic feedback from a target-language end-user’s perspective.
- Manages workload effectively, consistently meeting project milestones.
- Provides accurate accounting of work and time allocation.
- Works proactively to build knowledge of assigned applications and use of CAT technology.
Educational / Skill / Experience – Requirements
- Proven experience of software translation project management as well as technical experience in software development.
- Ability to prioritize projects and activities to ensure completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communications skills.
- Excellent skills in presentation-, spreadsheet-, collaboration and similar.
- Higher-level degree or translation accreditation combined with relevant work experience
- Able to work effectively as part of distributed, virtual project teams
- Excellent PC skills, including high-level knowledge of computer operating systems, MS Office applications and CAT technology
- Possesses very good knowledge and understanding of CAT technology and is comfortable within the IT context
- Arabic with near-native written and spoken English
|Job Title||Project Manager – (Software Translation)|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Location||United Arab Emirates, Dubai,Internet City BLD2|