Core Purpose of job:
To provide special mechanical engineering skills and services to the Projects Department of Operations Division, by ensuring the design and implementation of mechanical works within projects meet the Almarai specifications for Mechanical Engineering and good manufacturing practice.
Key Responsibilities Are:
- Design new mechanical systems to meet plant expansions and modification requirements
2. Evaluate contractor’s proposals to ensure economical and technical compliance
3. Monitor contractor’s work to comply with company quality standards
4. Maintain safety measures to ensure minimal accidents
5. Coordinate with other departments to implement smooth handing over of projects without delay
6. Solve site problems to avoid completion delay
7. Provide technical guidance to enhance subordinates capabilities
8. Increase involvement in the automation component of projects
9. Ensure that the Project Manager is informed / appraised of Mechanical Project work activity/scheduling and work progress.
10. 10. Coordinating with Contractors to ensure timely completion of Project.
11. Prepare/compile the handing over documents for end user to close out the project in time.
1. A Bachelors Degree (specialized in Mechanical Engineering) from a recognized University
2. The Corporate Membership in a professional Mechanical Engineering Institution
3. Computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Power Point
4. Familiar with the international standards specifically Process/Power Piping (ASME B31.3/B31.1), Welding (ASME Section IX), Pressure Vessels/Boilers (ASME Section I, II & VIII), Materials (ASTM), Fire Fighting (NFPA) and Refrigeration (ASHRAE) or equivalents.
Desirable: Any diploma/ post-graduate qualification related to project management and contract costing would be of advantage.
Essential: responsibilities executed (Generic Description) Experience not less than 10 years in mechanical, process or utility plant projects, Design/engineering, construction, commissioning and maintenance related work in a managerial capacity.
Desirable: responsibilities (Generic Description) Previous experience of a project nature to set out Engineer’s estimates and budgeting, Familiarity in MS Project/ Primavera software, Process plant automation.
Key areas of expertise (Essential):
a) God understanding of phases of the project / project management.
b) Project Designs – Creation / Evaluation
c) Tender creation / Evaluation
d) Good understanding of the H&S requirements of a project
e) Industrial Refrigeration using Ammonia gas
f) Central Air Conditioning System
g) Water Treatment using Reverse Osmosis
h) Effluent Treatment Systems
i) Fire Protection Systems
j) Compress air equipment, preferably oil free
k) Manage task orientated groups.
l) Well developed planning skills
Job Type:Full Time
Career Level:Middle Career
Years of Experience:10+
Salary:Competitive Basic Salary, House Rent Allowance, Co. Car or Car Allowance, Medical cover, Free return
Industry:Fast Moving Consumer Goods – FMCG, Food & Beverage