• Support Policy Manager in the Company empanelment process and policies governing the same.
• Perform Portfolio Analytics to monitor company level performance translating into frequent downgrades/delisting and upgrades, ensuring that the portfolio quality is maintained.
• Support in Automation of credit policies and parameters across Banking systems – Flex, IRIS, CDA, Select etc.
• Automation would include preparing the complete test scripts for UAT, testing of the required development as and when required, review and recommend updates to ensure maximum automation which reduces manual intervention.
• Assist in the review of the existing systems available and incorporate necessary changes to enrich Company level data for better segmentation.
• Support the policy manager and ensure Active involvement with Collections and Recovery to develop procedures/strategies to cure bad credits and incorporate insights into enhanced underwriting standards.
Key result areas
• To analyze the MIS and assist in the monitoring of Company level performance and assist the impact of policy actions
• Assist Policy Manager in meetings with business in preparation and modification of policy depending on market requirements and portfolio performances.
• Assist Policy Manager in drafting policies / guidelines for various Product programs – new product launches and introduction of new target segment through – policy changes / tests /surrogate programs / cross-sell programs to facilitate growth.
• Follow-up system change requests to meet changing business needs to improve risk management and liaise with respective unit managers, as required.
• Liaise with Retail Credit MIS to generate the data to design a comprehensive reporting pack.
• Work closely with the Collections & Credit Initiation Unit and recommend improvements for effective processing of the approved policy changes.
• Ensure all MIS reports to internal departments and external agencies are submitted within the stipulated deadlines.
Knowledge, skills & experience
• Graduate in business or related fields.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Prior experience in Credit Policy role with advance knowledge of excel and reasonable exposure to analytical tools such as SAS etc.
• Knowledge of best practices in credit and underwriting.
• Strong knowledge of bank’s operations, sales and support environments, superior customer focus.
• About 2 – 3 years of experience in banking / financial services including expertise in credit analysis, large scale statistical analysis and leadership responsibilities