Job category Petroleum Engineer
Countries (State/Region) Oman
Role Synopsis BP has an opportunity for a Petroleum Engineer to join the Base Management team within the Reservoir Development organization supporting the Khazzan unconventional gas project in Oman Block 61. The successful candidate will be joining at a critical and exciting time as we prepare for the ramp up of activity and well data associated with supporting an 8 rig programme drilling ~300 wells. He/she will work as part of multi-disciplinary subsurface team and will have a strong background in surveillance planning and execution, well work planning and execution, stimulation, well performance and overall production systems optimization and prioritization. He/she will work largely independently to deliver agreed work programs and maintain a strong link with the Operations and Wells teams both in the Muscat office and in the field.
Key accountabilities Technical accountabilities include the following:
• Plan and deliver the approved surveillance program. Analyze the information obtained to optimize daily production, reserves recovery and decline management options, in liaison with the multi-disciplinary subsurface team.
• Provide input to stimulation and testing programmes.
• Initiate and generate well work opportunity SORs (Statement Of Requirements), detailing justification, activity to be undertaken and prediction of results.
• Monitor production well tests. Generate and update accurate well performance models and monitor production allocation between wells. Provide production optimization recommendations.
• Develop and maintain a robust inventory of well work opportunities. Identify cost efficient and feasible options to increase production and reserves.
• Lead/ participate in multi-disciplinary Well Reviews and proactively engage in well integrity issues.
• Maximize the field total production by making the ost of the available flow lines, surface facilities and well stock and by identifying opportunities to optimize its usage.
• Coach and mentor junior engineers. Collaborate with the broader Base Management and Wells teams.
• Maintain links with PE communities of practice and industry technological advances and influence to apply if appropriate.
Essential Education BSc (or higher) in Petroleum Engineering. Mechanical and Chemical Engineering degrees are acceptable with necessary training or equivalent experience.
Essential experience and job requirements • Ideally, a minimum of 5 years of experience in Petroleum Engineering preferably working in a gas field.
• Proven experience in well intervention (rig workover, coiled tubing intervention, hydraulic fracture stimulation), well inflow performance, production optimization, well completion practices and reservoir performance prediction.
• Familiarity with standard software suites Prosper, MBAL, GAP and StimPlan (or equivalent).
• Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills with ability to work within a multicultural environment.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location) There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications • Potential to coach and mentor junior staff.
Relocation available No
Travel required Yes – up to 10%
Is this a part time position? No
About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Closing Date 06-Nov-2014
To find out more about application closing dates, please click ‘apply now’
– See more at: http://jobs.bp.com/om/muscat/upstream/jobid6032534-petroleum-engineer-jobs#sthash.hM4QGLY9.dpuf