Operations Finance Associate
Dubai Local Operations
Damco is an international and dynamic company, and offers a great opportunity for a career in the A.P. Moller Maersk Group.
We offer an excellent remuneration package and company benefits, and support your development through development programs and training.
1.Invoicing accuracy & timeliness
- Ensure that all customer invoices are raised accurately and matches the rates and contracts agreed to with the customers
- Ensure that all customer contracts are recorded and filed and discrepancies, if any, are pointed out to Operations/Customer Service teams
- Ensure that Invoices are raised on time
- Ensure that all the ICBs (DAMCO internal customers) are raised on time
2.Soft closure of Jobs
- Adhere to soft closure KPIs (ie. Job ETD/ETA + 30 days)
- Ensure that all jobs are correctly costed and that the CM1 at a job level is positive. In this regard, the person needs to bring to the notice of his manager all jobs that have low CM1 or negative CM1 and that all such jobs have been formally approved by the CSO Manager prior to soft closure
3.Hard closure of Jobs
- Adhere to hard closure KPIs (i.e. Job ETD/ETA + 90 days)
- Prior to hard closure, ensure that all jobs are checked to ensure that customer invoices have been raised (external customers & ICBs) and that all vendor invoices have been collected and posted (IR) prior to closure of the job.
- Ensure that all impacts on the profitability of the job (both positive and negative) are brought to the attention of the manager and that proper approvals are in place for all jobs that negatively impact the CM1
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s (or similar) degree in commerce, business or related field
- 3-4 years in a industry, ideally from within Freight Forwarding & Logistics industry
- Have been engaged in commercial/operational finance at a hands on/job file level
- Has worked in a process driven environment
- Familiarity with the following is preferred :
- Unity & Kewill operating systems
- Damco internal policies & processes: e.g. Product Management / Procurement / Trade Lane Management, Pricing / Quotation / Booking Management etc.
- Customer Service Quality Standards and BPI processes
- Fluent written and spoken English
- High learning curve and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take balanced decisions in challenging circumstances
- Ability to work and thrive in a flexible matrix organization with focus on networking and collaboration
- Strong communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage with senior management & manage senior stakeholders across geographies
- Financial acumen