- Perform professional level administrative duties involving an extensive knowledge of office procedures in line with the company’s policy. Under direct supervision of the immediate supervisor, exercise a fair amount of independent decision-making relating to the day-to-day operations and functions of the office.
- Performs a full range of secretarial duties and assists in a variety of clerical, technical and routine administrative tasks; facilitates internal and external communications as directed.
- Reviews and proofs documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations. Prepares and edits a variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports and other materials.
- Collects and compiles statistical data and other information for inclusion into special and periodic reports. Prepares statements, summaries, reports, presentations and other documents.
- Coordinates internal communications and activities within the assigned department.
- Handles postal services, receives visitors, arranges travel, schedules appointments, answers telephone calls and refers to appropriate staff members.
- Handles all telephone or counter enquiries from the employees or external clients.
- Establishes and maintains positive staff and public relations.
- Handles all filing and record keeping, including database management, data entry/retrieval and a variety of software applications used for general office and secretarial support.
- Responsible for tracking office supply requirements and inventories of the assigned department.
- Engages and executes other tasks as and when it is necessary or as assigned.
- Proactively attend to tasks and activities that are essential in meeting the operational requirements of the assigned department as and when needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in independently handling various daily office operations in a large organization.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and possess thorough knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Highly organized and demonstrates ability to work accurately with high attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal and work effectively with employees and the general public.
- Proficient in using modern office equipment and computer application software.
- Diploma holder of related degree in Office Management and/or Business Administration.