The job holder is responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, and video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization for projects with a clearly defined scope.
- Analyzes and resolves network hardware and software problems in a timely manner
- Provides technical support for network infrastructure.
- Performs functions like configuring, installing, monitoring, maintaining all data and voice network and communication links.
- Ensures high availability, reliability, security and performance of network and communication links.
- Manages structured cabling and patch panel jobs.
- Configures networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitors network performance and troubleshoots problem areas as needed.
- Collaborates with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Oversees installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensures network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Maintains network component inventory and related documentation including technical specifications information and network diagrams.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Oversees new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Participates in managing all network security solutions.
- Performs server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Assists in planning, designing, configuring and implementing for network projects/enhancements.
- Designs and deploys LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, hubs, switches, appliances and other hardware.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Completes assigned tasks within given deadlines.
- Ensures high level customer service.
- Minimum Graduate degree in the field of Computer Science
- Certifications in networking (CCNA, CCWA, CISSP)
- Minimum of 3 years experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Technical knowledge of network essential, topology and architecture
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, security and standards
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Team Oriented
- Basic English Language skills required.
- Clear & Precise Communication