JOB OPENING DETAIL
Title Mechanical Technician
Reporting to Mechanical Supervisor
Carries out the complex fault finding, repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of Mechanical (Gas turbine, compressor, Diesel Engines, pumps etc) on the assigned production platform and remote well head platforms.
Performs technical, craft specific corrective maintenance (example: centrifugal pump troubleshooting and repairs). Works is sometimes conducted with the integrated team to resolve problems which could be multi-craft in nature. Identifies requirements for major repair, replacement and or workshop reconditioning work to be carried out in Jebel Ali. Updates preventive maintenance records.
- Receives incoming work requests, discusses work required with the Mechanical Supervisor, and estimates time, materials or spare parts required to complete the work. Receives schedule of repairs, with appropriate “permit to work” and arranges for tools, test equipment etc.
- You perform servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on Offshore mechanical equipment including:
- Compressor packages.
- Turbine Packages.
- Air compressors
- Pumps (including Oil Offloading/Transfer, Water Injection, chemical injection, Vacuum and Fire Pumps)
- Carries out on the platform workshop repairs of mechanical equipment. Includes stripping down units, change/ replacement of parts and bench testing equipment before re-installation. Identifies requirements for consumable supplies, tools and equipment to aid the efficient and effective offshore operation.
- Ensure that shift handovers are communicated effectively and that standard procedures and written instructions are understood and adhered to at all time.
- Carries out all activities in accordance with Company safety procedures and manufacturer’s recommendations, ensuring that all precautions are taken to isolate equipment prior to commencing work. Follows all safety instructions and notices, and wearing protective equipment at all times.
- Completes work orders/cards with details of maintenance or repairs carried out, fault diagnosed and materials and man hours used to complete the work.
- Ensures that critical drawings are used and maintained correctly
- Assists in major shutdown and overhaul work, which includes the dismantling, testing of mechanical equipment including Gas Turbines, Compressor, Pumps and Engines. Reviews history on mechanical breakdowns or trips and identifies areas for continuous improvement to Mechanical Supervisor.
- Ensures that the mechanical system and equipment is installed, tested, pre-commissioned and commissioned according to company requirements.
- Assist other trades and disciplines as required within the limits and capabilities and experience.
- Performs basic rigging and slinging duties.
- Participates in Company Horizon Zero and STOP safety programs.
- Work towards completion Company Competent Person Profile (CPP) assessment scheme.
- Performs Emergency Response Role as required by company.
- Train local apprentice to be a competent technician to carry out the maintenance activities safely and professionally. Assist in SVQ II & III
- Maintain good communication between the Maintenance crew and Operations team. The daily maintenance / shutdown reports of the equipments will be recorded and mail to Sr. Mechanical Technician / Mechanical Planner / Mechanical Supervisor in daily basis to enter in to the maintenance management system (Maximo).
– Completion of first year of Secondary (10 years) education, followed by 3yr Diploma or apprenticeship in the mechanical trade (equivalent to UK, City and Guilds/ NVQ or ONC).
– 4-5 years’ varied installation maintenance and repair experience in a industrial environment, ideally within the Oil & Gas/ Petrochemical industry.
– Ideally should have working knowledge of computer applications software such as Microsoft Office/ Computerized Maintenance management systems (Maximo).
– Fair written and spoken English
Posted Date 04-09-2013
Closing Date 31-12-2014