As Manager HR Business Support, you will be accountable for the delivery of a proactive HR Business Support service to dedicated departments within the Emirates Group, including but not restricted to: initiating and supporting business changes through business partnership and flexible HR solutions, advising line managers on HR and employee relations matters, taking a prime role in change management, organisational development/restructures, advising on resourcing, talent management, staff development, motivation & reward, and leading a team of HR professionals to provide proactive and day to day HR support for the business.
- Provide leadership to the HR Business support teams by setting a clear vision and identifying objectives, and creating & implementing HR plans in-line with both the business needs and the corporate HR-BS framework. Motivate the team, generate commitment, and lead by example in order to deliver a professional and proactive HR service to the relevant business area. Encourage learning experiences, and train & develop the HR-BS team to continually grow their professional skills and knowledge, whilst also benchmarking within and outside the industry to stimulate ideas for change and professional growth.
- Initiate and support changes to corporate HR policy and practices to reflect the continuing needs of HR and the needs of the relevant business areas. Train and advise line managers on HR and employee relations matters, internal policy, and legislative issues, ensuring a flexible but consistent approach is maintained across the business area.
- Play a lead role in structural and organisational changes (including change management, communications, and job evaluations) within the relevant business area, actively liaising with other support managers and HR departments (such as Performance Development, Finance, Training, Medical etc.)
- Contribute to corporate HR initiatives such as the development of new systems, and the introduction of new HR tools, services, or benefits. Manage the proactive implementation of HR and corporate policy/processes by facilitating senior management buy-in, and ensure management awareness and staff communication processes are in place.
- Act as senior HR consultant and integral member of the relevant business area senior management team(s). Provide creative and flexible HR solutions to support business growth and commercial targets whilst balancing the company interests and the line department requirements with equal priority. Support line departments in forecasting manpower budgets and in organising/revising human resources in response to changing industry and economic pressures.
- Advise and assist managers in applying sound and appropriate recruitment and selection practices, and training and development plans/programmes. Support colleagues in corporate recruitment and training functions in the delivery of services suitable for businesses within the relevant business area.
- Develop and provide feedback into the corporate performance management (Performance Matters!) system. Train line managers and staff in performance management concepts and the specific PM! Tool. Promote buy-in and usage of PM within the relevant business areas in order to plan, appraise, and improve departmental, team, and individual performance in-line with business objectives.
- Provide guidance/feedback into the on-going development and maintenance of the HR Service Centre provision and the various HR information system requirements. Efficiently action and advise on changes to all staff related benefits including but not limited to salaries, allowances, medical insurance, housing, education, annual leave, provident funds, to ensure equality of treatment to the staff of those departments.
- Oversee the application of confidential employee relations policies, including redeployment and retrenchment where required.
- Monitor employment costs and productivity levels in the relevant business area. Proactively provide and analyses management information for business heads and advise on potential business/HR solutions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be the holder of a university degree and/or qualified from a recognised Institute of Personnel Development (UK or other national equivalent).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in HR, 5 of which should have been in a senior management role, preferably within the airline industry, or in a large multinational organisation. This should include professional knowledge of change management, organisation development, talent management, job descriptions, job evaluations, HR systems, and competency based interviewing techniques.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with particular emphasis on being able to influence upwards with senior line managers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is a high level of report writing skills. Must have thorough working demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or similar PC packages.
- Proven ability to listen, advise, and counsel at all levels.
Salary and Benefits
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents. We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with revenue of US$21.1 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, one of the largest air services provider globally and Emirates airline, the Group’s rapidly expanding and award-winning international carrier. Within the Group there are a diverse range of businesses which offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group’s dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers. Emirates flies one of the youngest, most innovative fleet in the sky to over 130 destinations across six continents and dnata’s network now extends across 100 locations worldwide. With our international network constantly expanding and opportunities arising in countries/cities outside of Dubai, we are looking for career motivated individuals to join our operations in their home countries. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. This managerial role has extensive travel benefits, excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation and transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Last date to apply – 22-Oct-14, 11:59:00 PM