The job roles covers core PSS domain of Reservations and Distribution, with major business areas include Reservations & Ticketing, Retail & CC, Network Control (NCC), GDS Distribution, Global Sales, Interline & Codeshare, EmQuest and downstream interfacing departments include Revenue Optimisation, Schedule Planning, Destination & Leisure Management, Industry Travel, Central Services and CASA. The strategic drive is to enable new Distribution Strategy and support Emirates growth plans, implement new direct channels realising GDS cost savings, tools to manage disruptions and irregular operations and compliance with future initiatives such as IATA NDC.
Lead one of the five New PSS Program business solution streams providing strategic business direction for that stream ensuring that EK is aligned with industry requirements keeping in mind the business strategy; commercial objectives and the changes of the organisation; whilst constantly evaluating future trends. Give business strategic support and guidance to other EK Group Departments evaluating the complexity of applications impacting PSS Systems and ensure that there is appropriate customisation by the selected vendor and EGIT to meet these requirements
- Responsible for the direction of EK New PSS Program business solution and for managing and ensuring compliance to a short; medium and long term business plan (enhancements; projects etc.) that meets the needs of the group. Particular emphasis is to be laid on reducing unit costs of operation; increasing revenue generated; improving customer service and offering corporate support.
- Evaluate and implement Group applications into New PSS Program business solution systems and methodologies incorporating the best available methods to improve process efficiencies and customer satisfaction to maximise EK’s overall product offering. Collate; analyse and validate requirements and ensure completeness in the thought process thereby ensuring that business requirements are captured in a comprehensive and quality manner.
- Investigate the usage and performance of New PSS Program business solution systems to identify issues which prevent them from exploiting the complete functionality of the systems. Direct appropriate action to address these issues to the relevant departments.
- Formulate high-level business requirements of new systems and enhancements to existing systems through a cross-functional steering group consisting of various departments. Work on potential shifts in EK business direction and prioritise if/where required in conjunction with all stakeholders.
- Participate and represent Emirates in PSS Supplier’s Community/user groups. Ensure Emirates requirements are agreed; prioritised and delivered through Supplier?s community development
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders for the assigned PSS domain; cross domain and the downstream interfacing business units. Present the new PSS product benefits and business process alignment requirements to senior management to obtain concurrence prior to production implementation
- Establish a new core BSG for the assigned PSS domain and direct system acceptance testing of new developments and enhancements to existing PSS systems. Lead cutover rehearsals and oversee cross functional domains and impacted systems interfaces to ensure smooth migration and successful cutover to the new PSS.
- Ensure and agree a resolution plan with EGIT on unresolved problems reported by the network; external/interface users. Provide Business analysis support for any projects that impact passenger handling processes within New PSS.
- Design and develop training programmes in co-ordination with the training department for expert high end super New PSS Program business solution system users to exploit the functionality of the PSS Program business solution systems and end users.
- Lead a combined team of Business and IT subject matter experts on the assigned PSS domain.
Qualifications & Experience
- Honours Degree
- 10 years experience in the airline industry with with experience in the field of Commercial/Sales, Reservations/Distribution.
- Experience in Reservations (relevant PSS business domain) systems development, with at least 5 years at Management level.
- Very strong project management skills.
- Core knowledge of the intricate Airlines systems and their functionalities will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders across the business.
Salary and Benefits
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents. We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Last date to apply – 11-Oct-14, 11:59:00 PM