- Manage the overall research; and implementation of new remuneration packages for the Emirates Group in advance of the recruitment process in order to ensure that the overall Emirates/dnata/Associated Company packages are competitive and cost effective while complying with local legal legislation.
- Manage the timely annual pay review of the various pay packages(currently in excess of 75 outstation packages/ 28 Associated Companies and 9 Dubai based grade packages); through annual salary surveys; management/ staff meetings; basket of goods analysis; legislation changes; market trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure that the annual pay reviews are completed in a timely and accurate manner with full agreement from the SVPs and Line Managers and other involved parties (often requiring very sensitive negotiations and conflict management).
- Ensure constantly updated accurate information is available on comparable practice through utilization of a variety of contacts within and outside the airline industry.
- Research and make recommendations on the management of posted staff (UAE Nationals and Third Country Nationals (TCNs) ensuring that the taxation/legislation requirements are compliant; the employee is not worse off as a result of the posting due to factors such as cost of living/ schooling implications and hardship and while the company interests are protected.
- Conduct frequent on-going ad-hoc research projects requested by senior management within the company and with external companies; either globally or locally; in order to advise senior management in designing more effective remuneration policies.
- Create new Pay and Allowances Manuals for any new destinations in the Emirates Group and manage the updates of the currently 75 Pay and Allowances Manuals for the outstations.
- Responsible for ensuring that permanent and temporary contracts are updated following each annual remuneration review and that creation of new employment contracts are created for any new destination.
- Conduct long term research into the companys global strategy with respect to the remuneration practices and provisions with a view to evaluating and recommending potential innovations within the field and their benefit to the Emirates Group.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent). A high-caliber university degree is essential in a statistical subject or HR-related field;
- Post-graduate diploma in HR management or CIPD is preferable.
- 8 years working in HR; with at least 4 years experience in a remuneration role including researching terms and conditions of employment and policies.
- The job-holder must be an expert in their field; with professional expertise in global remuneration structures covering all pay and general personnel policy conditions essential in the airline industry.
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of analytical packages; particularly of Microsoft Excel is essential; as well as a detailed knowledge of word processing in MS-Word.
- An in-depth knowledge and use of statistical techniques necessary for the quality standard of analysis and reporting.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly at all levels within a multi-cultural environment. Proven ability to manage a team that is required to critically analyse data and to find solutions to problems; supported by relevant; quantitative/statistical back-up.
- Proven ability in writing policies.
- Proven ability to negotiate solutions.
Salary and Benefits Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents. We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Job Category : Human Resources
Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Job Posting : 23-Sep-14, 8:22:49 AM
Closing Date (GMT+4) : 16-Oct-14, 11:59:00 PM