At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city’s shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries’ area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.
Your key duties will include:
- Checking arrivals lists for the following day and ensure that all departments are informed via daily ‘VIP’ lists.
- Updating and maintaining guest profiles and accurate guest history records, including the recording of guest information received from other hotels or departments and the guest’s preferences.
- Ensuring that all relevant departments are advised of guest history requests/preferences prior to arrival.
- Being able to liaise with the Reservations Department after receiving completed Guest Preference forms, and action them accordingly.
- Being able to complete and file arrival checklist for all VIP arrivals and other arrivals if operation permits.
- Ensures that daily ‘Courtesy Calls’ by telephone are undertaken.
- Checking all VIP arrival suites (and other arrival suites) for the day and report any issues to be raised to the relevant departments.
- Ensures that orders are placed to ensure timely delivery of VIP amenities for arriving and in-house guests
- Being able to spot-check the delivery of amenities of in-house long-staying guests.
- Ensuring that welcome folders and welcome cards are prepared for all arrivals
- Assisting with guests escort and ensure that every guest is escorted upon arrival to the hotel.
- Ensures that every guest checking in is offered a welcome drink.
- Being able to oversee the organisation of the guest cocktail and communicate approximate numbers of attendees to the relevant departments.
- Supervising the Team Leaders, Guest Relations Executives & Lobby Ambassador’s.
- Being visible and available to our in-house guests, making regular contact and obtaining feedback on the hotels facilities and services.
- Encouraging our guests to complete our in-house Guest Questionnaire prior to their departure.
You will have good administration, communication, time management and organizational skills, as well as the capability to multitask and strong attention to detail. You will also be a team player with effective analytical skills. Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office and Opera is essential as are excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and German.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; one bedroom apartment/live out allowance, transportation allowance, uniform laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.