Job title Drilling Materials Coordinator
Req ID 57741BR
Job category Materials Management
Sub-category Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Countries (State/Region) Oman
Role Synopsis The Drilling Materials Coordinators plays a critical role in ensuring uninterrupted flow of materials & services to satisfy the demand at the operating rigs. DMCs interact with the key stakeholders including the office based drilling & completions engineers as well as the internal and external suppliers. The DMCs play a critical role in ensuring that the rig team is getting the right quality & quantity of tools & equipment and also plays a critical role in tracking the actual utilisation of rental equipments which is used to check the accuracy of the invoicing.
Key accountabilities • Implement the HSE policies as it pertains to PSCM in general and to this position in particular.
• Promote safety consciousness and awareness in the materials handling environment by supporting all S&OR initiatives, helping in setting up the right standards and bringing attention to unsafe or potentially hazardous situations.
• Execute BP Oman Material Management procedures in the area of purchasing, Expediting, Logistics, Standardization of Materials & Inventory management.
• Attend & observe all D&C team operations meetings for Lookaheads & working with D&C teams for the forward planning of logistics and materials in the provision of well’s tangible equipment, such as Wellhead, OCTG , rented tools and associated equipments.
• Liaise with rig crew, BP supply base in charge & 3rd party suppliers to ensure the timely air/land transportation of equipment and materials.
• Preparing load out lists for all the D&C requirements in conjunction with Well’s engineers/rig personnel’s.
• Inform the rig crew & Crane Op’s of materials scheduled to and from the Rig for backload & Load out.
• Coordinating and following up on the preparation of sub-assemblies at contractors workshops of drilling, completion down hole material as per standard drilling instructions and schematics.
• Coordinate and following up on the QA/QC inspections requirements for all D&C materials as and when required.
• Preparing and maintaining the D&C rental materials register for each phase of the well ensuring that all rental items are delivered in a timely manner and returned to providers at best cost effectiveness.
• Expediting and coordinating with D&C service companies with respect to the manufacture, delivery, assembly, inspection and repairs/modification of drilling & completions materials to support ongoing activity schedules.
• Schedule and conduct the continuous stock talking of D&C materials during and at end of well drilling in conjunction with drilling teams. and at VMIs locations to ensure the accuracy of physical and book balances and undertake reconciliation’s as per BP philosophy.
• Ensure that all operational users and others have access to and knowledge of material specifications, standards and other reference data relating to D&C materials.
Essential Education • Diploma in engineering, logistics , operations management or any science discipline
Essential experience and job requirements • Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in material management and coordination preferably in O&G.
• Good knowledge of Drilling and completion materials.
• Knowledge of on-shore rig operations.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location) There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications • University degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Business, or equivalent
• Knowledge of best practices in Material Planning and Control.
• Strong system and technical skills that support Materials Management in SAP or similar systems.
Relocation available No
Travel required Yes – up to 10%
Is this a part time position? No
About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Closing Date 04-Nov-2014
– See more at: http://jobs.bp.com/om/muscat/procurement-and-supply-chain-management/jobid6110863-drilling-materials-coordinator-jobs#sthash.A3gLcOv5.dpuf