The role will be primarily responsible to lead the ATM/CCDM channel with a resolute strategy, business plan, pertinent service enhancements and innovation. Define the opportunity in this space – 1 to 3 year horizons – reflected in transactions, financials and service levels.
Key result areas
A. Shareholder & Financials
– The ATM channel handles 65% of the retail bank transactions
– Conduct frequent gap analysis with global best in class
– Create action agendas with a 100 day time frame – deliver agreed milestones with senior management
– Render oversight to the entire operations and tech support that allows for escalated delivery
– Define revenue streams and over deliver against the revenue targets allocated
– Ensure optimal availability of self-service channels including ATM and CCDM channels to maximize retail sales and service and thereby facilitate the achievement of retail banking volume, revenue and profit targets.
– Leads innovation on the automated deposit and cash recycling machines.
– Increase revenue streams and reduce management cost of the relevant channels
– Coordinate implementation and migration of transaction volumes from branches to electronic channels to achieve agreed migration targets, including liaising and training of branch staff for progressive reductions in processing workloads and introduction of paper-less functionalities.
– Evaluate KPIs for performance of the channel including uptimes, footfalls, x-sell, etc, from the channel and take required actions to further enhance quality and efficiency.
– Oversees entire ATM network and network planning.
– Manages Landlord relationships and rent contract negotiations.
– Drives ATM channel from a migration channel to a customer relationship channel in an Omni channel structure.
B. Customer & Franchise
– Responsible for focusing the channel on the needs of the customer and lead any customer focused initiatives for ATMs / CCDMs
– Work closely with Operations/Realty to ensure adequate stocking and uninterrupted service to customers.
– Seek to continuously exceed customer expectations through the development and introduction of innovative alternate channel services / products in line with the retail bank strategy to provide customers the flexibility to conduct their banking transactions efficiently, effectively, and yet, safely.
– Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with other related units to achieve the group’s goals
C. Internal (Process, Products, Regulatory)
– Compile MIS pertaining to usage of the channel and the resulting revenue earned / costs incurred on periodic basis for the Head, Alternate Channels. Provide reports and analysis on the offers/campaigns to different Product managers/units
– Liaise with all internal teams like CRU, product & fraud to track and respond to customer queries / complaints
– Liaise and follow up with tech support and development teams to offer immediate, stop-gap and permanent enhancements on the ATM channel
– Coordinate with customer service, research & quality unit on customer needs and trends to help work on new functionalities
– Work with respective channels (Product & Tech) to offer & implement possible differential pricing and track sales
– Work with respective channels (DBC, branch, sales) to ensure communication and marketing of self-service channels.
– Oversee the handling of related customer disputes or fraudulent issues in accordance with state regulations.
– Work closely with the Senior Manager, Channels to reduce the likelihood of a negative risk event by establishing and reinforcing the control consciousness of the unit.
D. Learning & Knowledge
– Possess a good knowledge of the business related to the self service in the banking industry, its products and related risks together with the good knowledge.
– Has strong experience in managing a P&L.
Knowledge, skills & experience
• 5+ years of managing an electronic channel in a retail bank, including 2 years managing the ATM/CCDM channel.
• Sound knowledge of operations, local market environment and major operational concerns.
• Ability to take initiative, make decisions and follow through on implementation.
• Possess and develop a superior knowledge of Electronic channels, including latest developments and trends and related risks, together with a sound knowledge of e-channel operations and control.
• Identify areas of professional development for self and staff.
• Perceptive analyst, strong and organized leader.
• MBA or Business Graduate.