In line with the deliverables and terms/conditions of the GSA (general sales agency), the job holder will seek to consistently maximize freight revenues for the contracted airlines, sales commissions for dnata Cargo Partners, maximize market penetration for the both, and focus on positioning Cargo Partners as a major GSA in the region.
This job holder will be required to sell to medium & small Freight Forwarders / Cargo Agents
- Annual sales targets
The job holder will recommend to management, on an annual basis, sales targets and a promotional action plan based on market demand, competitor activities and feedback from freight agents and exporters.
- Implementing sales strategies
Implement sales strategies:
- through personal meetings, joint sales calls with airline representatives, devising of the telesales calling patterns and mailing activities,
- using the `basket of airlines approach’, familiarize clients with the type and variety of transport solutions on offer, with the objective of running freighter services to facilitate large adhoc export volumes, breaking long standing forwarder / airline relationships and attempting to significantly grow / consolidate airline revenues with a view of `station managing’ (thus discouraging the principals from setting up or continuing with parallel sales organizations),
- maintaining close contact with the internal sales support and operational staff for picking up of sales leads and updating them with current airline rates, commissions, latest AWB instructions etc, so as to ensure accurate information brokerage wherever cargo bookings, quotations, flights schedules ,tariffs and available / booked loads are required.
- Market intelligence
- Recommend credit limits
- Assessing lost sales
- Follow market trends and competitor airline activities, anticipating threats, identifying opportunities and recommend to CP management / principal airlines counter activities in order to improve market share. Compile statistics relating to cargo volumes, revenues, yield for CP, and seasonal variations as per the customer group under portfolio. Maintain databases of existing and potential customers / agent performance, commission reports, airline performance etc.
- Depending on business performance / potential, recommend credit limits to Cargo Partner management.
Record, analyze and discuss with the Cargo Sales Manager, data on lost sales opportunities (lost sales could be due to price, transit times, capacity restrictions etc) in order to devise / recommend timely and suitable remedial measures.
- Airline contacts
- Maintain regular liaison with the principal airlines, for purposes of :
- Formulation and dissemination of external information, such as changes in schedules, routes, products etc. Also involved in sending out mailers to market, organizing of promotional campaigns, and running of
- market surveys for the principals,
- capitalizing on possibilities of station management,
- jointly investigating and solving customer complaints
- release of AWB stock to the various freight agents
Qualifications & Experience
- `A’ level education and a minimum of 4 years proven sales experience
- `O’ level education and a minimum of 6 years proven sales experience
- The job holder will be expected to have had experience in the areas of general airfreight and cargo handling, with an international Airline, ground handling agent (at a large international airport), International Integrator, Express services company or International Freight forwarder and Logistics Provider.
- Besides the above, in-depth knowledge of dangerous goods acceptance and handling procedures, special load handling, cargo rating and related knowledge in load processing & handling – load control / weight and balance, would be an added advantage.
- The job holder will be holding a valid UAE driving license and would be required to possess a good command over English, and preferably knowledge of additional languages – Arabic and Hindi / Urdu.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
Salary and Benefits
At dnata, our style of delighting customers is unique. That’s why we attract the best people in the industry – people who can apply imagination to their work. We are growing quickly – and we are looking for people to join our global family of 20,000 employees. As one of the largest air services providers in the world, our services on the ground keep the world in the air. You’ll find dnata in 38 countries offering customers our expertise in ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering. We believe in the power of our people – and we’re always on the look-out for potential stars to help us deliver the promises our customers make. Be a part of our success story. If you want to join us, please visit emirates.com/careers to apply. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.