- Examine and evaluate commercial performance at an individual point-of-sale level. Produce regular reports and analytical evaluation on O&D level data and co-ordinate with local and regional management teams on appropriate courses of action to ensure overall target achievement. Develop methodologies to track segment performance, at both a channel and customer level, and highlight any opportunities to further optimise revenue/yields. Assess market share to ensure EK has a dominant position in relevant territories and O&D’s. On a daily basis, monitor regional and point-of-sale KPI’s and suggest corrective measures to local and regional management teams where appropriate.
- Closely monitor performance at a route level to ensure operating ratios are maximised. Conduct comprehensive analysis on load factors and route mix and advise management on areas for improvement. Pro-actively engage peers and other commercial stakeholders to ensure that cargo mix, point of sale mix and segment/agent mix is optimal by flight number and then track any agreed actions achieve desired impact. Develop a strong understanding of booking curves and seasonality’s to determine how best to balance supply and demand throughout the year. With a particular focus on premium yield and density cargo, judge the criticality of corporate and key account negotiations on route revenue and provide guidance accordingly. Give enhanced focus in such areas to freighter routes to assist with analysis and improvement of route profitability.
- Influence & negotiate with all internal stakeholders such as CAPCON, Freighter team, E-Commerce, Corporate Communications and Regional Management teams to ensure the effective use of customer databases to drive targeted revenue. Help source, evaluate and activate new external partners that align with EK sales and brand ambitions.
- Provide market intelligence and sales leads to local and regional management teams by routinely monitoring air cargo trade and news media in the region, ensuring that competitive market threats and opportunities can be identified as they arise. Source and share reports from the field, airport authorities and other external parties to provide further industry insights.
- Liaise with Planning, Interline Pricing and regional management teams to evaluate the potential of offline markets. Recommend appropriate sales strategies for offline markets to senior management, including but not limited to SPAs, GSA support and Emirates sales and network presence.
- Translate route, channel and product / segment mix objectives to drive point-of-sale revenue targets in consultation with Revenue Optimisation, senior management and relevant head office stakeholders. Ensure revenue target amendments are consistent with the regional route and point-of-sale goals.
- Influence and collaborate with regional management teams to ensure that business plans and new commercial score cards become living documents that provide the foundation for sales activities, in line with commercial objectives and targets. Lend support to teams with any ad-hoc analysis and ensure local market inputs and requests to deliver incremental revenue are given due consideration at HQ level.
- Support sales teams in developing competencies in management information systems and sales strategies, particularly during new station start-ups. Undertake comprehensive analysis on proposed new routes in advance and provide business intelligence to the local and regional management team to ensure sales initiatives are implemented in time to suit the respective market conditions. Assist teams on best practices with regards to training and other developmental needs, ensuring requisite focus on the commercial objective of investing for the future.
Commercial/Sales. 8+ Years
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) : Graduate, preferably in a Business or Commerce discipline
- Experience in an airline industry, airfreight or logistics sectors related to commercial operations in a Marketing or a Business Analysis environment with experience in compilation and analysis of relevant commercial data.
- Must possess broad understanding of customer behaviour and market trends and also be able to gauge market dynamics and proactively propose tactical initiatives based on factual information in a timely manner
- The individual should possess strong analytical skills with proven ability to produce and analyse reports of high quality.
- Understanding of customer & market segments, and their specific requirements, ability to recommend revenue enhancement measures via internal programs such as the FFP and corporate initiatives is critical.
- Ability to multi-task and work across various departments with strict deadlines is critical.
Salary and Benefits Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents. We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.