Key Accountabilities:Responsible for day-to-day Operations and Administration of the Branch, ensuring strict compliance with Bank’s policies and procedures. The Branch Operations Manager’s role will be limited to this and will not include any interaction with Bank’s customers.
- Supervise the performance of Head Teller / Sr. Teller & Tellers, Branch Service Representatives (BSR), to ensure optimum productivity and high quality service in order to provide a range of general banking services to customers, so as to achieve the goals of the branch.
- Responsible for Cash and Security Documents as a Joint Custodian of the vault and (CDMS/ATMS) ensuring that the optimum cash balance is maintained at all times. Review cash balances and limits to ensure risks are minimized. Ensure excessive cash is not maintained and that any excesses are reported to Head of Branches Operations for insurance reporting purposes.
- Responsible for Control over Stationery usage and safe-keeping of security items such as Demand Drafts, Managers Cheques, Bank’s stamps, etc.
- Monitoring on a regular basis to ensure that all CC TV’s in the branches are functioning properly and report any problems to the Establishment Administration Department
- Co-ordinate with outsourced service providers regarding functioning of Branch ATM’s /CDMs.
- Co-ordinate with Centralized Units at H.O. regarding day-to-day activities at Branch.
- Authorize transactions above Tellers limits within the approved limit by reference to the instruments and supporting vouchers to ensure their validity and correctness and supervise their performance to ensure the timely delivery of service to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Plan, organize, monitor and control the day-to-day services offered by BSRs and Tellers to ensure that timely delivery of the services as per SLA to enhance customer satisfaction.
- To monitor that the Daily Transaction Ticket Bundles are filed by the assigned staff without any delay and to review the transaction journal entries to the daily vouchers/Cheques and tickets to ensure that the entries posted / recorded are adequately supported for valid transactions & are recorded correctly as to the amount & descriptions.
- . Ensure Internal Control procedures are in place at the Branches at all times. This should be evidenced through periodic reports to the ICU and Operational Risk Unit at H.O.
- Daily review of entries in and out of Suspense, Sundry, Rejection items, Account Receivables, Account Payables etc. (i.e. all transaction going through these accounts and not merely end of day, end of month or period balance)
- Review GL balances to ensure that it corresponds with the subsidiaries and account of suspense nature such as, Suspense, Sundry, Rejection items, Account Receivables, Account Payables etc. and follow-up for clearance / reconciliation on a daily basis.
- Review and authorize all documents (originals and scanned) pertaining to New Account opening, Remittances, Time-deposits, Safe Deposit Lockers, Loans, etc. before forwarding it to H.O. for processing.
- Responding to enquiries from AML Unit in a timely manner
- Responding to Internal / External Audit queries in a timely manner, ensuring that the discrepancies pointed out by them are corrected immediately
- Check the postings carried out by Head/Senior Teller(s) against the transactions journal presented by them and sign on the report
- To review all branches of Transaction Journals ensuring that the daily Tellers transactions journals have been checked initialled and filed as per the Bank’s policy &procedure. Any discrepancy identified should be immediately reported to Branch Manager and Head of Branches Operations to eliminate the risk of financial loss to the Bank.
- Ensure that outward clearing, inward clearing and inward return timely delivered as per SLA. Arrange for archiving of Branch records from time to time, in line with the approved policy. Ensure that branch storage of documents, files and other records are secure and in a fire proof environment.
- To comply with the Operational Risk Unit guidelines for managing of Operation Risk.
- Undertake Performance Management responsibilities, agreeing with the individual targets and monitor the performance of his Direct Reports by periodic reviews providing them with factual feedback in order to foster a high performance culture.
- Develop, train and motivate all staff members (BSRs & Tellers) sharing specialist expertise and demonstrating leadership ensuring that they are fully aware of the Bank’s products, procedures and practices to enhance the competency profile in coordination with HR training.
- Responsible for implementing JETS (Job Efficiency Tracking System) for all staff within the Unit.
Graduate, preferably in commercially oriented discipline or Higher Secondary education with recognized diploma in Banking.
6-8 year’s general banking experience as Senior Verifier / Officer level with proven track record in role.
- Good verbal and written command of English and Arabic languages
- Planning and organizing skills
- Relationship building skills
- Negotiation skills
2. Passport-size photograph