This position is required for managing the day to day aspects of the bird collection at bird training centreto organise public bird shows, educational demonstrations and staff management.
The Bird Trainer performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that reflects AlAin Zoo’s mission and vision of connecting people to wildlife, conservation. Under the supervision, performs a wide variety of functions in the training, handling and care of exhibit birds used for public appearances and contact, such as educational programs, bird shows and performs related work as required. This position reports to a Senior Bird Trainer.
Qualification & Experience:
Applicants must have knowledge of operant conditioning. A minimum of two years of exotic bird training experience is required. Desirable qualifications for these positions include a Bachelor of Science in biology or other scientifically related field, knowledge of behavioural enrichment, as well as a broad base knowledge of birds. Additional desired qualifications for this position include excellent public speaking and presentation skills, the ability to communicate effectively with others (guests, co-workers and others).
• Command in English/Arabic speaking and writing.
• Bird behaviour
• Bird behaviour modification
• Care, feeding and handling of wild birds
• Safety practices around wild birds
• Train and control wild birds
• Discriminate differences in bird vocalizations, and monitor bird behaviour
• Keep simple records
• Communicate and work effectively with others
• Deal tactfully and courteously with the others
• Respond to cautions from co-workers
• Monitor bird behaviour and appearance
• Operate motorized equipment and vehicles
• Competently perform the essential functions outlined above
refer to www.awpr.ae