Al-Futtaim established in 1930s is one of the most progressive regional business house headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim represents an inspiring portfolio of leading brands across a diverse range of industries: automotive, electronics, engineering and technologies, finance, general services, real state and retail.
Books of Accounts and Preparation of Reports
- Prepare to close monthly books of accounts thru passing necessary entries and assist to deliver the key MIS reports- P&L, Balance sheet, Cash Flow statements and other key MIS reports (for Brand/ Retail Finance/ Group Finance)
- Prepare Monthly Management Pack
- Complete BPC upload.
Budgets and Quarterly Review Budget Preparation
- Initiate, prepare and consolidate the budgeting documents which include Budgeted P&L, Balance sheet and budgeted cash flow
- Coordinate and prepare to deliver budgeting reports and presentation slides on time for the management to review and present to CEO.
- Responsible for finalising the budgeted numbers and ensure that is uploaded in the system on time for the review by Retail and Group finance offices
GL Scrutiny and Schedules
- Constantly monitor and maintain books of accounts ( GL, AP, AR and other sub ledgers like FA register) accurately so as to reflect true and fair view of the brand performance reports
- Preparation of monthly and other periodic schedules
Product Costing and Margin
- Prepare and analyse the margin of the business and highlight the variances if any
- Manage to audit and check Warehousing costs and drive for cost reduction on product costs viz.; freight, insurance, customs duty, clearing and transportation.
- Review the load accruals and finalise the products costs on seasonal basis with the latest costs.
- Finalise the detailed Insurance coverage of the business on a yearly basis and monitor regularly to identify possible business risks
Audit Completion and Controls
- Co-ordination in completion of internal and external audits and respond to their queries.
- Ensure that audit schedules are prepared in coordination with Retail Finance and submitted on time for both Internal & External auditors
- Develop and implement procedural improvements and clear prior year audit findings.
Intermediate CA or ICWA with 5 years experience
Bachelor of Commerce with 8-10 years experience, out of which 5 years in Retail with strong knowledge of business.
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting – Accounts Finalisation/Balance Sheet/Cash Flow.
- Analytical and tactical ability.
- Able to work and deliver under pressure.
Crabtree & EvelynUnited Arab EmiratesDubai | UAE20-Oct-2014